Picnik is really fun and easy to use. There are many advantages to using this in lessons such as;
- could be used to present a number of pictures in a single image.
- students could use Picnik to express them selves through pictures and graphics.
- make file sizes smaller for powerpoint etc.
Please go to my Flickr site to view my images that I have toyed with using Picnik.
Hi Amanda
ReplyDeleteI have set up my Flickr page. I find it similar to facebook also. I can't seem to see any of your pictures. I have uploaded a few and I'm editing them using PicNik. I am just messing with the different settings, I don't really know what they mean!
Laura : )
Oh I will have a look at why and get back to you.
ReplyDeleteHi laura
ReplyDeleteThe reason you are unable to see my pictures is due to my privacy settings. I have them set to friends and family only. Please add me as a friend. However i will change the privacy settings. :-)
Hi Amanda,
ReplyDeleteI love playing with images, like you said student's can express a lot through the manipulation of pictures. I love taking photos of scenery and manipulating it to have stark contrast.
Young children could make some really interesting images where as older children would be able to have a purpose behind their work, I'm trying to think of a way of bringing it into assessment but I'm coming up blank, Do you have any ideas?
Zelina
Hi Zelina
ReplyDeleteBringing photo manipulation into assessment is tricky. However maybe this could be done through
* Students manipulating an image to show how they felt while completing a specific assignment or term.
sorry, all I can come up with at this time. But would really like to hear more ideas regarding this.
Hi Amanda,
ReplyDeletePicnik's are a wonderful way to get creative with photos and to be able to upload them through Flickr is very easy to do so. All ages can enjoy using these sites to be creative and use there imagination while changing the way there original photos first looked. This will be a great tool to use in teaching.